This article will outline what equipment to consider for a restaurant sound system and how interface designs and speaker layouts relate to a franchise's income.
Staff Training - Digital Systems Vs Octasound
Digital controlled audio systems require overly complex software and programming to essentially perform the function of a switch and volume control. This complex interface requires operations training to be provided to employees. Employees often forget their trainging or find it's too complex. Any daily changes required to audio volume or channel leads to interruptions of the owner, manager or other employees. This is a real cost to the bottom line.
Consider using Octasound's RASX4 and remote modules instead. It's just a switch and volume control. Training requires showing employees the controller. Turning one dial selects channel, turning the other dial adjusts volume. That's it. The products labeling provides the instructions. This makes the RASX4 the most cost effective solution.
User Interface - Tablet or Digital Wall Plate Vs Octasound Remote Audio Modules.
Digital Based Interface
- Digital systems introduce several more points of failure.
- Time consuming and difficult to navigate menu system.
- Manufacture's often discontinue items to keep up with latest operating systems. They may or may not provide older product support.
- Digital controls panels are incompatible between manufactures.
- Reboots might be required when errors or glitches occur.
- A system might remain unstable until software/firmware updates become available. Expensive updates for franchises.
- Servicing the equipment requires both a computer and audio specialist.
- Tablets interfaces have theft value.
- Digital wall plates are typically made from plastic / glass and contain touch screens. Easy to damage. Expensive to repair.
- Tablets need constant charging.
- Bar location for these devices is not ideal.
Octasound Remote Audio Modules
- No software needed. No menus to navigate.
- Analog device makes them future compatible.
- Compatible with all other manufacturer's.
- Functions with all end user electronics using headphone jack or bluetooth.
- Wall plate is double anodized aluminum. Markings will not wear off.
- Metal shaft volume controls, sealed conductive plastic. Will never oxidize.
- No theft value
- Always on
- Safe to install behind the bar
Octasound's remote audio modules keep you out of the software loop. Why not let the end user upgrade their software / hardware etc. It's free. Octasound is forever compatible.
Changing the Channel - Tablet or Digital Wall Plate Vs Octasound
Going out to watch the "big game" is big business and a sound system better be ready to move easily from background music to playing the game. Forgotten passwords, uncharged tablets, damaged controls, poor support, buggy software and staff that "don't know how to change the channel" are all risks to disrupting the event. Provide a poor customer experience at this critical time and they'll leave or decide to go elsewhere for the next game. These decisions unfortunately happen without the owners ever knowing. Changing a channel shouldn't be complicated or risk new customers from returning.
Octasound systems are easy to operate and are built to provide years of flawless performance. Simply turn the dial from Background music to TV and adjust the volume. Negative experience avoided. Octasound has audio components in service for well over 30 years. Our track record and quaility built components are one of the industries toughest. It's why we offer a 3 year warranty.
Negative Customer Audio Listening Experience
Should you use multiple speakers to try and paint every table with sound or make the sound source invisible to the listener using Octasound speakers?
Multiple pendant type speakers firing into tables competes with customers conversations. When people can't hear each other from across the table we talk louder. The noise floor now begins to increase and everyone compensates by talking even louder. Mid range of songs is now washed out in the noise and the music begins to sound like it's being played through a bull horn. All you can hear is the high frequencies. This is unwanted noise in your establishment and annoys everyone in the room. A frequent complaint is "I'll never go back. We couldn't even hear each other from across the table". If this happens in your establishment you'll hurt your bottom line.
Background music should be in the background and not interfering with customers conversations. With and Octasound system it allows you to have only one or two speakers in the room. Less is more. Adding a subwoofer with warm bass will enhance music reproduction and sports broadcasts. With the music source being invisible (omnipresent) and not directly into our ears the restaurant experience becomes more pleasant. Customers are not competing with the sound system.
Octasound products will save you thousands of dollars and eliminate the hidden costs a sound system can present to a restaurant / franchise. For your next restaurant sound system contact us.
Click to see a sample user-friendly restaurant sound system by Octasound.